Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do I build a credit history without a credit card?

I think it's silly to get stuck in a million dollars worth of debt with a card, so I've never used one. They denied me anyway when I tried years ago. Someone told me I need to have credit in order to book a flight, rent a car, and the like. Is this true?|||No. You can use a debit card to do those things as long as it has a Visa/MC logo on it so it can be run as a credit transaction.





The thing is with hotel and car rentals, you will need to have a decent amount of money on your debit card since they will place a hold on a good amount of funds as a deposit. Those funds won't be released for your use back on your card for a few days after you have returned the car or checked out of the hotel.|||Unless you go to the travel agent to book a flight and pay cash or pay cash to rent a car then you do need a credit card and the only way to get on is to get credit, you could buy some furniture on hire purchase which starts your credit rating. Get a bank account and use a debit card to raise your credit rating but the debit card is not going to charge you interest so you are spending the money ou already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment