Thursday, December 8, 2011

I authorized a credit card transaction but now there are other charges?

I got a phone call that I had been picked to get a free vacation from Walmart and 2 $25 gift cards all I had to do was pay $1.95 for shipping and handling. Now I have charges from other websites on my card. I called the credit card company and reported fraud on my account. They have closed it and will reissue another card. Will other charges still come through if I originally authorized it for the $1.95 even after I get my new card?|||Once you cancelled that old card, no new charges will come through





This is why you NEVER give your credit card number to anybody over the phone unless it's a business that YOU know is legit and YOU contact them. Its illegal to charge you anything, including shipping and handling, if you really win any prize|||Its possible, but most likely not. But if more charges do appear just call the credit card company and dispute them. They are aware of the fraudulent/unauthorized charges up to this point so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, in the future is someone cold calls you and offers something that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Good luck!|||You fell for an obvious scam. Just report any unauthorized charges to the lender immediately. And NEVER respond to unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment