Thursday, December 15, 2011

How easy is it to increase the credit line of a Capital One credit card?

I pay my bill faithfully and have had a Cap one credit card for a while and I am now wanting to increase my credit line/available credit. Everything should go smoothly right?|||If your credit is well within 720, and can verify income, you will have no problem. I will say this after a couple of experiences.





Always call every quarter to negotiate better prime rates and/or promotions.





American Express sent me a form to have permission to access my 2008 taxes. Do not do that unless you make good money on paper.





Due to the tightening of credit and new legislation, you might have t disclose more than before. The good ol' days of a 19 year-old having a $13,500 limit with 3 other credit cards as a sophomore in undergraduate (1999) are over.





Oh! You will take an inquiry hit which will lower your FICO score up to 10 points regardless if you get the bump. If you ask, ask for more than you need. That will allow your debt ratio level lower, thus making FICO score go up.|||The truth of the matter is that credit related issues can be very complicated and sometimes confusing. So, you are not alone with your question. I found a great site when searching for an answer to your question that I think you will find useful:


http://www.redfoxcredit.com





Hope this helps!|||Credit is very important, but can also be very confusing. I was actually able to do a quick search and find some great information relevant to your question at this website:


http://www.redfoxcredit.com





Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment