Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I get rid of those pesky Credit Card post office mailings?

I heard a news story about this in my hometown but I didn't get a chance to actually watch the story to see how to get rid of credit card mailings. Everyday when I come home to check the mail..there are pesty mailings from credit card companies. I don't have a credit card and will never get another one.|||You can call 1-800-Optout and it places a block on your information so that these companies can't send you that information.|||post office business is mailing|||At the bottom of most of the offers, there is a phone number you can call. You do have to enter your social security number and address, but your name/credit info will not be available for companies to access and then offer you lines of credit. I tried it about a month ago, and I have stopped receiving those pesky offers!|||Go here to opt out...Credit card companies get your information from the Credit Bureaus every 6 months or so.





https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t|||Well, I guess you don't have a choice but to just IGNORE them... or if they're really too much.. sending over and over again, you could call their customer service and ask for your name to be pulled out of the list... ;)








Paula


BDO


Global Sky Inc


www.global-sky.com|||I am not sure, but I do believe if you contact the post office they can stop sending some of the junk mail, I am not sure what all they can stop sending, but I know there is quite a bit. If you call you will also be helping out the postal worker who has to go through all the crap and put it into your little slot before sending it to you.|||Somewhere in those mailings there is a small disclaimer at the bottom or on the back where you can "opt out" and stop receiving them. Follow the directions, it will ask you to call or write.|||The Postal Service has no choice,they HAVE to deliver them;it's all about $$$|||I do this with all junk mail. Send them back their stuff in the postage paid envelope they send without filling anything out. My junk mail is few and far between now.|||The major credit agencies all sell aggregate credit information any bidder. Direct mail and credit companies generate mail based on demographics including zip code, income band and credit payment patterns. Stopping this is easy, you just need your address, former address within two years, and social security number. One call does it all for agencies Equifax, Trans Union, Experian and Innovis. Dial 1-888-5 OPT OUT (or 1-888-567-8688) 24 hours a day.|||take the return portion from each and put them in the post marked return envelopes from different companies and send them your other junk mail back with a little love note saying thanks but no thanks, when I need a credit card I will contact YOU not the other way around!|||go to www.optoutprescreen.com and opt out of credit offers for 5 years. It will raise your scores a little too!





you might like www.LearnAboutCredit.com, which is one of my sites|||Thank you very much for asking this question. Sometimes I wonder if our society has forgotten that we are human beings. It seems that society views us only as a potential source of money. Cable, dish, high speed internet, credit card and refinance letters are the worst.





I get so much junk that I can't deal with the normal mail. I have a two or three year backlog. There is rarely ever anything good in my mailbox. It is all bills and junk. I had to put all the bills on autopay because I don't have time to even sort the mail.





Somehow we've been forced with the responsibility of constantly having to clean out a box of junk and we never agreed to do it. It is very intrusive having to take this unwanted junk into our homes.





The answers you've received are great. I had found solutions to the front door and the phone, but not the mail.





The no-call list works well and I just leave my phone connected to the Internet to duck the non-profit calls and the political campaign calls. Friends and family call on my cell phone.





For strangers at the front door, I have a sign that says, no solicitation, we buy nothing and we do not open the door for strangers. There is nothing to benefit the homeowner by opening the front door. Statistically it is rare to get greatly harmed in this way, but one woman was raped by a supposed student selling magazine subscriptions.





To a lesser extent, commercials are also a problem. I'm fairly confident that the food ones are adversely affecting the health of Americans and landing us with huge financial and health care burdens. My library purchases DVDs of all popular television shows and movies and that provides my family with enough entertainment.|||Call a 1800 number to ask to be removed from mailing lists

No comments:

Post a Comment