Monday, December 12, 2011

What percent of my credit card balance should I use per month?

I always pay my credit card balance in full every month. I've heard that if I go over 20% of my balance, my credit will decrease. So for example, if my limit is $1,000 I should only spend up to $200 EVEN THOUGH I pay it in full??|||If you pay it off every month, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're planning to apply for a big loan (like a car loan or a mortgage) within the next six months. If you are planning for something big like that in the next six months, you should stick to the safe side and not charge more than $200 per month. Otherwise, don't worry about it until you have something coming up.|||Hello Crys!





It's good to hear that you pay your balance in full every month. This is a good habit to keep since credit card issuers are now very sensitive to any amount of credit card balances.





Due to high credit card default rate, credit card issuers are actively reducing credit limit.





To avoid your credit scores from being affected in case your credit limit is reduced, you should spend only 30% of the total credit limit available on all credit cards you currently have.|||You should never charge more than 30% of your limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment