Monday, December 12, 2011

What are the chances of me getting a business credit card?

Hi, I am about to start a small business and was wondering if I would be able to get a business credit card. Would a bank approve a credit card for a small business that does not have any credit history and if so what would the limit on the card be? My personal credit score is 720 and my business partners is around 690 if that makes a difference. Thanks|||If you are running a business as a company then they will not give you a card based on your score. If your business has a bank account the bank may give you a credit card based on your balance and activity. You need to go to your bank first and sell them the idea of your business, have a business plan and some market research to show you have thought this through, then you might get lucky.|||I was able to get a business credit for my second business recently without too much difficulty. My credit score is higher and I had been in business for about 8 months with no revenue as yet. The credit card company is going to base a lot of their decision on your personal financial information including obviously your credit score. I am not sure where the cut-off is. In other words at 720 or 690 they may want to see more information then basic personal information. Also, this will differ by credit card company. Try a couple (not too many as this will lower your credit score) and see what you can get. In the mean time use your personal card and have the company reimburse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment